Whether you're thinking about jumping into the virtual dating game for the first time, or you're experienced and just looking to up your game, it's always good to revisit the basics. Here are some simple ways to make your digital romance sizzle from our matchmaker Claudia:
- Treat it like any other date. Put in the effort: shower, apply makeup, shave, and wear something nice.
- Set up your background: It sets the mood, and isn’t that what a date is all about? You might not notice a simple thing like unopened mail or a dirty coffee cup, but your date will. Make sure wherever you are sitting is clean and tidy.
- Come up with a creative second virtual date so that you are prepared if you hit it off. You can both watch the same Netflix movie at the same time. You could both try a new recipe and then share the finished product.
- Show off what you love about your life: introduce your pet , or show them the garden that you've worked so hard on. Being passionate is always attractive.
- Be engaged: even if you're just listening, some nodding and smiling goes a long way. You don't want to have the screen look like it's frozen because you're barely moving.
- Be prepared to exchange phone numbers or accept that second date. If you're not interested, have a tactful way to decline.
Armed with these tips and tricks, you’re on your way to having the best possible virtual dating life, and a lot to look forward to on the other side of social distancing.
Gone are the days when it was perfectly ok to walk up to a stranger, strike up a conversation and eventually ask them out for coffee.
Summer is here and in full swing. With longer days and warmer temperatures, this is the best time to get to know someone special.
Going on dates is fun; figuring out the long term potential is where uncertainty starts creeping in.